We live a somewhat different summer. However, children continue to play, they have much more free time and they spend it playing in swimming pools, beaches and parks. Consequently, summer also becomes a time when falls, injuries and accidents occur more frequently in the mouth and teeth.
That’s where the crying begins, the nerves derived from the situation. Do you know how to act in an emergency of this type? We give you the clues to save the tooth or minimize the consequences.
Decalogue before a fall or dental trauma
- First of all, and although the child has never suffered a fall or previous problem, from the eruption of the first teeth, we must take the child to her first dental check-up.
- Calm. A child fall always involves crying, wounds, bleeding or bumps. If we remain calm, we will transmit that calm to the child.
- Make sure there is a wound on the lips and a blow or fracture in the teeth. It is important to do it soon, before the lip becomes inflamed.
- The first thing is to locate your dentist in Valencia and go to her consultation as soon as possible. If this is not possible, go to your health center as soon as possible.
- Is the affected tooth milk? Do not worry. These injuries are less relevant, smaller fractures and should not be replaced in the event of a dental fall. It is convenient to indicate that the definitive tooth will take a little longer to erupt.
- Look at the tooth. If it darkens, it means that the nerve or pulp is affected, which can affect the final tooth.
- Trauma can be of varying intensity. In case of fracture, collect the detached piece, rinse it with water and take it to the dentist as soon as possible so that he can try to paste and aesthetically repair the tooth.
- Does the tooth move in any direction? This indicates that the blow has been considerably stronger. Quickly call your dentist in Valencia and take the child for a consultation as soon as possible. The dentist should try to reposition the tooth and keep it splinted for as long as the professional tells you.
- If the tooth has come out completely (dental avulsion), that speed should be even higher. You must collect the tooth by the crown, rinse it lightly with serum without rubbing and transport it in the child’s milk, serum or saliva and go in less than half an hour so that your dentist in Valencia returns it to the hole from which it has come out, from so that the periodontal ligament that surrounds it is maintained and manages to keep the tooth in place in the future. If that time is stretched, the chances of success decrease.
However, the main thing in these cases, we repeat, is to get to your dentist in Valencia as soon as possible, inform him of what has happened so that he applies all the emergency protocols for trauma cases to which absolute priority must be given.
So summing up. Before a child fall: Calm, speed and effectiveness. They are the keys to be able to solve the situation in the best possible way.
Call us and we will attend to you as soon as possible.
As simple as making your appointment online or through the phone. 96 3303344 or on our page www.clinicadentalponssoria.com and consult with your dentist in Valencia.
We will be happy to assist you at our clinic on Calle Alfredo Torán y Olmos, 7 (corner Avda. Francia, 27).
Do you find our articles interesting? Here you will find more! Stay up to date with all our news and news in oral health on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.