From Pons Soria Dental Clinic, your dental clinic in Valencia, we never tire of insisting on the importance of never neglecting oral hygiene both in clinical and daily at home as the basis of any treatment.
A pretty smile always starts in a healthy mouth.
We have already talked about how vital a good brushing technique is, three times a day, after each meal, with a manual or electric brush, adapted to your needs, taking special care in the hygiene before going to bed at night, since it is the habitat and favorite moment of the bacteria to create cavities.
A good toothpaste, suitable for each patient and age, is a perfect complement to that hygiene, in addition to the use of dental floss, interproximal brush and mouthwash.
If you also consider going a little further, we tell you today what is an oral irrigator and for what and how it is used, as well as its benefits.
Without a doubt, the essential element to carry out your oral hygiene at home every day is the toothbrush. Keeps the bacterial plaque controlled on the surface of the teeth. But this surface represents 60% of the surface to be cleaned. The remaining 40% is in the interproximal areas, that is, the spaces between the teeth.
These spaces, given their difficult access, are especially prone to the accumulation of bacterial plaque and, consequently, to other pathologies such as halitosis, gum disease or tooth decay.
The way to access them is dental floss or the use of an oral irrigator. It is a device similar to that used by your dentist in Valencia, with a water tank, which manages to sanitize and eliminate the bacterial plaque in an efficient way in the buccal spaces of difficult access by combining a jet of water applied under pressure directed between the gum and the neck of the tooth in order to achieve perfect hygiene.
Especially indicated in patients with periodontal problems, it is the most effective way to achieve a cleaner and healthier gum, using a gentle massage that stimulates and benefits it.
Benefits of an Oral Irrigator:
- Remove food debris and bacterial plaque from hard-to-reach spaces
- Reduces tooth decay and other oral infections
- Reduce bleeding gums
- mproves the condition of the gums by controlling their inflammation
- Improves the hygiene of implants, prostheses and orthodontic appliances
- Eliminate Halitosis
You are interested in using an irrigator if:
- You have gum-related diseases: Gingivitis, Periodontitis …
- Do you have implants or dentures?
- You wear orthodontics
- You are diabetic
Do you have more questions? Ask your dentist in Valencia who will solve them all.
As simple as making your appointment online or through the phone. 96 3303344 or 96 0500242 or on our website www.clinicadentalponssoria.com and consult with your dentist in Valencia.
We will be happy to assist you in our clinics on Alfredo Torán and Olmos, 7 (corner Avda. Francia, 27) and Gran Vía Marqués del Turia, 37 – under right. Valencia.
Do you find our articles interesting? Here you will find more! Keep up to date with all our news and news in oral health in our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.